This guide provides resources for getting started on the Shopify Checkout Integration. This includes installing Recharge, navigating the in-app onboarding experience, setting your store's Shopify theme, and publishing your subscription widget.
Before you start
- Before you install Recharge, set up a supported payment provider in the Shopify admin. For more details on setting up your payment provider in Shopify, see Shopify's Set up a payment method guide.
- Set up an Active product in Shopify to add as a subscription to Recharge during the in-app onboarding experience.
To install Recharge, visit the listing in Shopify's App Store.
- Click Add app and follow the installation instructions. Once installed, Recharge launches from your Shopify admin.
- Complete your store details and click Continue to begin the setup.
Getting started tutorial
After installing Recharge, check out the video below to learn how you can launch Recharge on your storefront in under five minutes:
Getting started checklist
The getting started checklist helps guide you through installation and setup so you are prepared to launch your subscription business.
In-app onboarding experience
Now that you have installed Recharge, you are ready to navigate through the in-app onboarding experience.
Follow the steps in the in-app onboarding experience to set up Recharge. During the in-app onboarding experience, you will fill out your store details, add a product to Recharge, and install Recharge's subscription widget on your store's current theme.
Set your store theme
During the in-app onboarding experience, you installed the subscription widget on your store's current theme.
If you would like to change your store's theme, ensure that you use a theme that is compatible with Recharge.
For a list of compatible themes, see Supported Shopify themes.
Publish the subscription widget
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Recharge and completed the in-app onboarding experience. It is now time to publish your subscription widget.
- Click Publish to publish your subscription widget on your storefront.
- Click Preview your subscription widget to see how your subscription widget looks on your product pages.
You can leave the subscription widget published, or unpublish the widget until you are ready to launch.
Warning: If you choose to leave the subscription widget published and your storefront is not password protected, customers will be able to purchase subscription products.
Note: Looking for next steps? See Configuring store settings for more information.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us