This guide provides resources to prepare you for launching your subscription business on the Shopify Checkout Integration. After navigating through this guide, it is time to launch your store and start receiving orders.
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Customer accounts are created in Recharge after a customer places a subscription order. You can easily manage your customers from the Recharge merchant portal.
- See Managing your customers for an overview.
- Use the customer history view and actions report to learn how to keep track of customer events.
The Recharge merchant portal makes it easy to manage your subscription orders. Learn more about navigating the orders section in Recharge with the following articles:
- Refer to Viewing orders, subscriptions, and customers to manage your subscription orders.
- See Understanding the Subscriptions tab in Recharge to learn how to view and edit your customers' subscriptions from a centralized location.
- Control how you handle card declines and order errors to help reduce churn.
- Learn about adding a product to a new or existing order or adding one-time products to an upcoming order.
- Need to refund an order? See Issuing a refund through the Shopify Checkout Integration.
- Refer to the Order processing FAQ for answers to the most common questions.
Setting up email notifications
Notification emails are the primary means of communication between your store and customer base. Your customers receive emails when they place an order, modify future orders, and cancel subscriptions. You can control what email notifications go out to your customers, or modify your notifications to fit your brand's voice and tone.
See Notifications to learn more.
Setting up discounts
Offering discounts is a great way to add value to your customers' purchases, improve customer loyalty, and reach new customers. You can create, edit, and import discounts in Recharge.
- See Discounts for an overview of Recharge's discounts feature.
- See Using the Shopify Discount Import feature for more information on importing discounts into Recharge from Shopify.
Previewing the customer experience
Understanding the customer experience allows you to provide a seamless journey for your customers.
Your customers' first interaction with Recharge is using the subscription widget on your storefront. See Understanding the Recharge subscription widget for more details. After the customer uses the subscription widget to add a product to their cart, they navigate to checkout.
Shopify handles both the checkout process and the fulfillment of orders. Recharge handles the management of existing and recurring orders. See Understanding the Recharge order flow on the Shopify Checkout Integration for more information.
After a customer places a subscription order, they receive a Subscription activation email notification. This email contains a link to the customer portal, where the customer manages their subscription. See Managing subscriptions in the customer portal for the Shopify Checkout Integration for an overview of the customer portal experience.
Place a test order
Before launching, you may want to place a test order. Placing a test order allows you to navigate through the customer experience on your storefront and view the test order in the merchant portal.
See Running a test transaction with the Shopify Checkout Integration for more details.
Congratulations! You have finished the Getting Started series and are ready to launch your subscription business.
Review the Onboarding checklist again to ensure you have completed the steps listed.
CHECK BOX WHEN COMPLETED
|Read Getting started with Recharge|
|Set up payment processor in Shopify|
|Register for the Onboarding webinar|
|Complete the in-app onboarding experience|
|Add a product to Recharge|
|Check your store's theme compatibility|
|Publish the subscription widget|
|Configure shipping settings|
|Configure tax settings|
|Configured product collections and rules|
|Configure inventory settings|
|Configure customer portal settings|
|Manage staff accounts|
|Configure legal settings|
|Manage your customers|
|Manage your orders|
|Set up discounts|
|Preview the customer experience|
|Place a test order|
|Launch your store|
Launch your store
It is time to launch! Publish your subscription widget to start receiving orders.
Note: Looking to optimize Recharge after launch? See Optimizing Recharge for more information.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us