Recharge is updating the Customer overview making it easier than ever to navigate the customer’s information. All of the customer’s information is now in one place. The new view allows clarity on active and past subscriptions, upcoming and recent orders, payment information, and a full timeline of events. Multiple facets of information are available and shortcuts to common actions can be done from the new Customer Overview page. This update is part of a larger effort to upgrade the merchant experience. This guide provides an overview of changes, including how to access the new view for specific users.
To view the new version of the Customer overview, click Want to try it out in the banner at the top of of the page. Please note this change is specific to the user profile accessing Recharge. It does not apply this setting for all users.
Once the new version is enabled, if you would like to switch back to the old view click Switch back to the old version in the same banner it was enabled from. An option to provide feedback to our team is also available in the enablement banner.
Watch a video
Take a moment to review the walkthrough video.
Customer overview key highlights
- All the customer information is now in one place.
- Upcoming and recent orders, active subscriptions and payment information are all on one page.
- On the top right there is an overview of that customer’s information. There is a shortcut to edit that information
- Preview the customer portal
- Preview the customer in the storefront platform.
- All payment methods on file are listed below the Customer overview with the ability to go to payment method management from that screen.
- Reschedule a delivery, skip an order, or swap a product all from the overview.
- Review a clear and concise timeline of events taken on this customer. You can see what action was taken, who performed the action and the time the event took place.
Navigating the new Customer Overview
The new views are meant to consolidate customer information from multiple pages to one digestible view that is easier to navigate and learn. Some examples of how to navigate common actions in the new view are:
- The ellipsis menu beside each address ID and each subscription will give you access to a number of actions:
- Reschedule next order
- Edit/Change address
- Cancel Subscription
- Add product
- Update payment method
- Edit shipping method
- Discounts (adding and removing)
2. The Customer Overview panel allows you to:
- View Recharge Customer ID and External Customer ID
- Edit customer’s name and email address
- Preview the customer portal of that customer
- View the customer in your merchant platform
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us