Some Shopify features create conflicts with the Recharge subscription widget, resulting in checkout and display errors. This guide lists common issues that conflict with the subscription widget and provide additional troubleshooting steps.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Buy it now buttons
Buy it now buttons, also known as Shopify dynamic checkout buttons, are not supported on the Recharge Checkout on Shopify. When your customers try to use a Buy it now button, a
Variant not found error appears, or they will be taken to the wrong checkout.
See Using Shopify dynamic checkout buttons with Recharge for details on troubleshooting this conflict.
In Shopify, a Quick View is the ability to open product details in a pop-up modal, instead of going to the detailed product page. It provides customers with fewer pages and clicks to reach the checkout.
Offering subscriptions in Quick Views requires custom coding and is not supported by Recharge as per the design and integration policy. If you require further assistance, visit the Recharge Partner Directory for a list of development agencies that can help build out a custom solution.
Product page displays two subscription widgets
Multiple subscription widgets may be caused by installing multiple subscription apps or Shopify theme settings.
Scenario 1 - Multiple subscription apps installed
After migrating to Recharge, the previous app’s code may still be present in your theme files.
If you have recently migrated to Recharge from another subscription platform and suspect this is the case, contact your previous platform’s support team to request they remove the code.
Scenario 2 - Using a Shopify theme with a native subscription widget
- Turn off the native widget in Shopify’s theme settings to fix this conflict:
- In the Shopify admin, click Online Store and select Themes.
- Next to Current theme, click Customize.
- Choose Products from the dropdown menu in the Theme Editor.
- Click Product pages and uncheck the box next to Enable subscription selectors.
- Click Save.
Shopify allows videos to be embedded in the product description. Generally, this does not cause widget conflicts, however, Wistia videos are incompatible with Recharge.
If you are using a Wistia video, the best way to resolve this conflict is to remove the video or switch to another video service.
If you would like to keep the Wistia video:
- Remove the current embed code from the product description.
- In Wistia, change the Wistia video setting to Fallback.
- Copy the video’s new code and use the Fallback code for the embed.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us