You can configure customizable Bundles so that additional products can be added to the Bundle subscription. Like the main bundle configuration, these add-ons are configured through the use of a Shopify Collection. You can configure add-ons to add extra items as one-offs or with each delivery.
This guide provides the steps to create an add-on collection and add it to the Bundles setup.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- Add-ons and extras can only be added to customizable bundles.
- Recurring add-ons are individual subscriptions that follow the same delivery frequency as your bundle.
It’s not possible to set up recurring add-ons with dynamically-priced bundles and only extras will appear in the bundles settings. If you want to include recurring add-ons with dynamically-priced bundles, it’s recommended to create an add-on collection and make it part of the bundle.
- Add-on subscriptions are managed in the customer portal separate from the bundle subscription.
- Customers can skip, cancel, and update their add-on subscription just like any other regular subscription.
- Add-on products must have the same subscription rules as the bundle configured on Recharge.
- One-off extras are products that are added to the first order only.
- There are no quantity limits on add-ons and extras. Customers are able to add as many items as they want.
Step 1 - Setup products and collection in Shopify
Before adding to the bundle, create the add-on products and an add-on collection in Shopify.
- Create the product(s) in Shopify that can be used for add-on.
- Create your add-on collection in Shopify.
Optional - Step 2 - Add products to Recharge
Recurring add-on products must have the same rules as the main bundle product. If the bundle is configured as one-time and subscription, the add-on products must follow the same cadence.
Create subscription rules for the add-on products in Recharge, if necessary, to match the Bundle configuration.
The add-on product must exist in Recharge and have the same frequency as the parent bundle product to be eligible for purchase.
Step 3 - Add add-ons to the bundle
Once the add-on collection is created, you can add it to the bundle on Recharge.
- In the merchant portal, click Products and select Bundles.
- Click the pencil icon on the specific bundle and select Got it to confirm you'd like to proceed with editing the bundle.
- Click Edit beside Extras and add-ons.
- Use the checkbox to determine the add-on setting. Both options can be selected to provide customers with the option to choose how they would like to configure their add-ons.
- Add one-off extras to the first delivery - Subscribers will only get these extras once, with their first delivery.
- Add repeating add-ons to every delivery - Subscribers will get these add-ons with every delivery until they remove them.
- Click Select beside the add-on collection and click Save changes to confirm.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us