Preset Bundles allow customers to checkout with a pre-configured bundle of products at a set price. You can customize the subscription settings to offer the bundles as a one-time purchase or as a subscription.
This guide provides an overview of accessing and configuring a preset bundle.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
Bundles can be configured as one-time, one-time and subscription, subscription-only or prepaid.
If you are configuring a prepaid bundle there are some caveats to consider:
- Prepaid bundle parent products should not be configured with variants.
- Prepaid bundle product options should not be configured to expire after a number of charges.
- Prepaid bundles are not compatible with automatic reset. Automatic reset is triggered by charge processing which only happens when the prepaid cycle renews. Prepaid shipment orders cannot reset contents.
Step 1 - Setup products and collections in Shopify
Create a product in Shopify that is your main bundle product.
- Customers are able to purchase this product.
- The price of each variant should be the total of what you want to sell the bundle for. Learn more about setting bundle prices in the Bundles FAQ.
Step 2- Access Bundles in Recharge
The following instructions take you through setting up and configuring a bundle. Refer to Managing existing Bundles in Recharge if you have already set up a bundle.
- In the merchant portal, click Products and select Bundles.
- Click Create your first bundle. If you have already created a bundle click Create a new bundle.
- Confirm that the products are created in the popup and select Get Started. You can also select the checkbox to deactivate this prompt for future bundles if necessary.
Step 3 - Select your products
Use the product selector to configure the products you wish to include in the preset bundle.
- Select the bundle product you created.
- Select Preset as your bundle type and click Save and continue.
- Configure your variant settings for the size options you created on the initial bundle product.
- Input the number of products in the bundle to the How many products can a customer add to this variant? field.
- Click Add contents and use the quantity text box to add the specific products to the variant.
- Click Done.
- Repeat for each variant.
- Click Save and continue.
Step 4 - Setup your subscription settings
This configuration is the same as the subscription rule configuration for standard subscription products. However, you can also select the option for customers to select the bundle as a one-time only purchase.
- Use the radio buttons to determine the bundle's subscription settings.
- Set your settings based on the option you choose.
- Select Save and continue once finished.
Step 5- Publish the bundle
Review your bundle's settings and click Publish bundle when you're ready to launch your bundle. Preset Bundles use the standard Shopify product page format which can be customized in the Shopify theme editor.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us