This guide explains the process of migrating from Bold V2 to Recharge.
- BigCommerce Checkout Integration
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- Migrations from Bold Recurring Orders (Bold RO) V2 do not depend on a specific payment processor. Since the steps are the same, any instance of Bold V2 migrations is referred to as a “Shopify payment method”. This includes Shopify Payments, Authorize.net, or PayPal Express.
The migration process
These processes are designed to maintain uptime and minimize errors. If the recommended process is not followed, it can result in increased issues, or additional work to complete the migration. As a merchant, you and your team are responsible for executing the migration steps in the correct order as outlined below.
Complete the following steps to migrate to Recharge from Bold V2:
- Plan your ideal go-live and migration date. The go-live needs to happen first, and migration afterward. If you prefer a quick transition, work towards both in parallel.
- Create a duplicate theme in Shopify. This is the theme that is published when you go live with Recharge.
- Reach out to Bold support and request the removal of all their code from the duplicate theme.
- Reach out to your Recharge Implementation contact to get the Recharge code added to the duplicate theme.
- Publish the subscription widget and your duplicate theme in Shopify when you are ready to go live with Recharge.
- Add your subscription products to Recharge immediately after pushing the widget live.
- Export the data from Bold and format it into the Recharge template
I don’t understand how to keep Bold and Recharge running on my store at the same time. Can you walk me through how this works?
You can install Recharge on a duplicate theme in Shopify, on a copied theme in BigCommerce, or on the active one. If you choose to use a duplicate theme, you must prepare to make the theme live before migration. This way, new customers will go through the Recharge checkout. Current customers in Bold will continue processing in the Bold system.
If you choose to install Recharge on your active theme, you must uninstall the Bold code. That way Bold will not be present on your storefront, but still continues processing the orders in the back end. New customers will be able to sign up through Recharge. Bold needs to be canceled entirely after the migration. It is highly recommended you reach out to Bold to ensure the processing does not continue.
What happens to the customers who already have a Shopify account?
If the customer already has an account in Shopify, they are able to use the same account in Recharge as long as it is the same email address. They will also be able to use the same password as before.
See more information and frequent questions regarding the migration process in Migrations FAQ.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us