This guide goes through migrating from new Shopify Subscription platforms such as Appstle, Smartrr, Native Subscriptions, Seal Subscriptions, and Skio.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
Before you start
- These platforms are new to the subscription ecosystem and have distinct steps for migration that can differ. Recharge provides guidance on the migration processes, but recommendations are actively improved to ease handling.
- Recharge provides support during the migration process, but excludes any data formatting. Ensure you have resources allocated for the data formatting, or inform the Recharge team if you require an introduction to a partner agency for support.
Use the migration template to format your existing subscriber data. This ensures that there are no issues when importing the data into Recharge.
customer_stripe_id column in the CSV blank, since payment data for these apps are stored in Shopify. Each subscription is reassociated with the corresponding payment method stored for each customer.
The migration process
These processes are designed to maintain uptime and minimize errors. If the recommended process is not followed, it can result in increased issues, or additional work to complete the migration. As a merchant, you and your team are responsible for executing the migration steps in the correct order as outlined below.
After formatting the data, complete the following steps:
- Plan your ideal go-live and migration date. The go-live needs to happen first, and migration afterward. If you prefer a quick transition, work towards both in parallel.
- Create a duplicate theme in Shopify. This is the theme that is published when you go-live with Recharge.
- Reach out to your current provider's support and request removal of all their code from the duplicate theme.
- Reach out to your Recharge Implementation contact to get the Recharge code added to the duplicate theme.
- When you are ready to go-live with Recharge, publish the subscription widget and publish your duplicate theme in Shopify.
- Pull final exports from your old system and format them into the Recharge CSV template.
- Validate your formatted migration file through the Recharge Bulk Actions tool. If your file is:
- More than 500 rows: Reach out to your Recharge Implementation Contact to run the import.
- Less than 500 rows: Click process and finish the migration on your end. A hold will not be placed on your store if you process from your end.
A hold is placed on the recurring charges when Recharge runs the import. You must review the data and confirm with your Recharge Implementation contact that everything is inputted correctly before Recharge can remove the hold.
See more information and frequent questions regarding the migration process in Migrations FAQ.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us