Manage subscriptions, charges, and one-time products in bulk on your own timeline using Recharge's built-in bulk management tools.
This guide provides an overview of the bulk management tools, common bulk management use cases, and resources for processing bulk updates in the merchant portal.
Before you start
- Store owners have account permissions to use bulk management tools by default. Store owners can grant permissions to other staff members from the accounts page.
Available bulk management tools
Recharge has released built-in bulk management tools that allow merchants to perform bulk updates directly from the Recharge merchant portal. These bulk management tools provide flexibility, shorter turnaround times, and self-service bulk management for subscriptions and recurring charges.
There are two bulk management tools available in the merchant portal that can facilitate a number of update types:
- Multi-select tool - Search for records to update directly from the Subscriptions, Orders - Upcoming, or Orders - Charge errors pages in the merchant portal
- Import tool - Import a CSV file to process a bulk update
Best practices and use cases
The Multi-select and Import tools are both used to process updates, but each tool has different best practices and use cases.
Using the Multi-select tool, you can narrow down subscriptions using search criteria and filters, then choose your subscriptions that need updating using easy-to-use selection boxes. The Multi-select tool is the best solution in the following scenarios:
- Your update type is easily searchable using the merchant portal's search criteria or filter options
- You are performing a smaller bulk update
Watch the following video for a walkthrough of the Multi-select tool:
The Import tool uses CSV files to process bulk updates. You can create a CSV file using Recharge Exports and customize the file to facilitate a wide range of update types. The Import tool is the best solution in the following scenarios:
- Your update types do not fit the merchant portal's search criteria or filter options
- You are performing a larger bulk update
- You are updating one-time products
- You are updating prices for multi-currency customers
Note: Bulk management tools have a max limit of 50,000 records. If you need to process more than 50,000 records, you must split the records into multiple CSV files and complete multiple bulk updates using the import tool.
Watch the following video for a walkthrough of the Import tool:
Process a bulk update
See the following guides for instructions on performing different bulk update types:
- Bulk managing subscriptions: Update subscription properties such as price, product title, subscription frequency, etc.
- Bulk managing charges: Reschedule charge dates using the bulk management tools
- Bulk managing discounts and addresses: Apply and delete discounts on customer addresses, and update address information in bulk
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us