- The types of updates that can be performed in the bulk management tool
- The CSV export has not arrived through email
- The formatting of the downloaded CSV does not match the requirement for the bulk tool
- ‘File contains unknown headers’ error message when uploading the file to the bulk manage subscription tool
- Selecting the correct type of bulk update
- Updating a SKU did not change the product
With the bulk managing subscriptions tool you can self-service and manage your subscriptions in larger volumes at a time through the merchant portal. This guide provides troubleshooting steps and walkthroughs for common issues or occurrences using the bulk managing subscription tool.
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
The types of updates that can be performed in the bulk management tool
Refer to the table below on which update types you can complete with the bulk managing subscriptions tool.
| Bulk update types that can be manually completed
using the bulk managing subscriptions tool
| Bulk updates types that can only be completed
by sending your formatted CSV to Recharge Support
If you exported a CSV file outside of subscriptions, and the bulk update type you want completed is outside the scope of the bulk managing subscription tool, send a formatted CSV file to the Recharge support team.
The CSV export has not arrived through email
If you have not received an email confirmation of your CSV export, you can instead download the completed export from your merchant portal.
- Go to Data and select Exports.
- Locate the completed export by the export name, associate date, and update type.
- Under Actions, click the download icon to get the CSV file.
The formatting of the downloaded CSV does not match the requirement for the bulk tool
You must sort the CSV file and delete any rows or columns to exclude from the bulk update. While in the Import your subscriptions window of the bulk managing subscription tool, click the upload template link for an example spreadsheet on the CSV file formatting required.
Depending on the method and the type of bulk update you are making, you may need to add additional columns to the end of the CSV for subscription properties to be included. Each column in your spreadsheet must have headers, since these represent the subscription properties needed to manage and complete the update.
‘File contains unknown headers’ error message when uploading the file to the bulk manage subscription tool
If you see an error message stating File contains unknown headers:
- Note the listed properties within each [ bracket ].
- Open your CSV file and remove the columns that match up with the properties listed in the error message.
- Review your CSV file and formatting to ensure the included columns and rows are maintained.
- Upload the CSV file again in the Import your subscriptions menu.
- Click Next, and you should now see Preview your mapping instead of the error message.
Selecting the correct type of bulk update
The common bulk update table provides more information on commonly used update types and the properties needed to complete them. The subscription properties are represented in the column headers of your CSV file. As you format the file, consider reviewing the columns and rows you’ve added or deleted, to avoid errors in the bulk managing tool or discrepancies with your file handling.
Updating a SKU did not change the product
The SKU alone cannot update the product information. Consider also completing a Product Swap to swap to a different subscription product. The Variant ID is a mandatory column, while Product Title and Variant Title are optional columns. Learn more about adding or swapping a product or SKU for the differences in handling.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us